[OS X TeX] figure flying around...

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Tue Feb 21 11:17:17 CET 2006

Hello List,

I'm currently fighting the odds of the \begin{figure} environment
again, and i can't seem to get it work as i need it. Very small
graphics in the middle of a page pretty much appear where i put them
in the source, larger graphics get shifted around until they fit -
ok, i understood that. but: i want to have just the heading of a
\subsection and below one the SAME page large pdf-include... i NEVER
get it to work, unless the pdf is really small. it obviously fits
below the heading without hitting the pagenumber at the bottom etc,
but is automatically jumps on the next page - is there any way to
force some behavior? some absolute setting? the relative stuff is
neat, but sometimes really driving me crazy. i tried putting
everything into minipage-environment, but the problem is the same.
the first example is using the following code:

\newpage	%just to be sure that my page is *free*
	\subsection{Блок-схема алгоритма}
		\subsubsection*{main();}

			\begin{figure}[h]
				\centering
					\includegraphics[width=15cm]{content/prog_main_01}
					\caption{function main()}
					\label{fig:prog_main}
			\end{figure}

I used the option "h" assuming it would include the figure *here*,
meaning exactly at the place specified :)) maybe wrong? any other
combinations didn't help, either, though :))

Once hhe above problem is solved, i would like to put 2 figures next
to reach other -again, unless they are really small, they simply jump
somewhere else, but never next to each other.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Martin

--