[OS X TeX] Embedded fonts

Jan Anderssen jan at linguist.umass.edu
Sun Feb 19 05:01:54 CET 2006

On Feb 18, 2006, at 10:34 PM, George Ghio wrote:

> When a PDF document is produced are the fonts used "Embedded"  in
> the document. Forgive me if the answer is obvious.

hi george,

to check which fonts have been embedded, open your file in adobe
reader, choose document -> properties -> fonts, and see where it says
something like "embed subset".

afaik pdflatex will embedded all fonts, except for possibly the 35 or
14 basic fonts (depends on your setup). if those aren't included, you
need to change the relevant settings in your mapfile. if you used i-
installer, have a look at http://latex.yauh.de/faq/12_76_en.html

hope that helps.
cheers,
jan