[OS X TeX] Recovering from typing errors

Nicola Cabibbo nicola.cabibbo at roma1.infn.it
Sat Feb 18 16:57:02 CET 2006

Dear MacTexers,

Since the introduction of autocompletion in TexShop the frequency of
errors I
make in typing mathematics has been drastically reduced, but I must
confess
I still get quite a few. This often requires re-typesetting twice to
re-produce the
correct references, table of contents, etc.

Would it be possible to avoid the second run by making a backup of
the .aux
file and restoring it in case of an aborted typesetting? I realize
that in
certain cases a second run is required, e.g if new labels have been
introduced,
but in many cases it should not. Where should such a modification be
introduced?
in texshop itself, or in an ad-hoc script? Is this possible? Is it
difficult?
Is it dangerous?

Thanks for any help on this  (not very important) problem,

	Nicola Cabibbo