[OS X TeX] [bash] Pdfoutput=0 at the beginning of a file

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Mon Feb 13 12:09:29 CET 2006

>AM> I sought a solution like :  echo expr >> file  but with another  symbol or
>AM> command

What do you mean `with another symbol or command'?
As Peter showed you, you don't need a temp file.

>AM> Perhaps with perl, it's more easy... can I mix Perl with bash

You can't mix them within one script (at least not easily). But what do you
want to do that can't be done in bash? And if it must be done in Perl, you
probably don't need bash, as Perl can do most of (or all) the things that
bash can do.

If you only want to run LaTeX (or TeX) a file with something like
\pdfoutput=0 (I assume you accidentally left out the \) added at the
beginning you can also use the command:

latex '\pdfoutput=0\input' filename

If you want to do this from TeXshop you must use a parameter form instead
of a fixed filename, of course.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>