[OS X TeX] paths in input & include

Alain Schremmer Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 04:39:58 CET 2006

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 13.02.2006 um 01:03 schrieb Alain Schremmer:
>
>> So, yes, a \filespath{{./FolderA/FolderB/}} would be a blessing for  me.
>

> Because it does not work?

I don't understand.

> I would organise each segment of TeX and graphics files in a
> dedicated folder each. In their parent directory would be place for
> the books. If the graphics files are not found via the included TeX
> files, a lengthy \graphicspath statement would be needed in the book
> files.

The graphics files are precisely *not* the issue because of the
graphicspaths in the preamble.

> Flat hierarchy.

I don't understand. My problem is that I cannot have a single-rooted tree.

> I remember that for a magazine I had small wrapper TeX files that
> included each only one chapter, to optimise these. Another wrapper
> file included all chapters plus first and last page and the index and
> settings for headers and footers. To optimise the whole magazine the
> \include statements were un-commented ...

I don't know what these wraper files are. Would they be what I described
earlier as the "Lesson files" that have only the preamble and in the
document, essentially just a \include command?

Regards
--schremmer