[OS X TeX] working with version control for TeX projects

Fernando Pereira fcnpereira at mac.com
Sun Feb 12 23:32:47 CET 2006

At present, I use CVL and TexShop to work with CVS repositories. This
is OK, but I've had issues with CVL changing files and TeXShop not
noticing. In addition, the lack of a automatic hard wrap option in
TeXShop makes coexistence with *nix and Windows collaborators less
than ideal. Finally, CVL doesn't work with svn. I'd appreciate
suggestions of alternative setups that others in the list have used
successfully for collaborative writing projects with cvs or cvl-based
version control. I have bbedit, which supports cvs and svn. It might
make sense to set it up as an external editor for TexShop, but I'm
not sure what configuration/scripting tweaks may be needed to make
the combo work smoothly.

Thanks

-- F