[OS X TeX] paths in input & include

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sat Feb 11 11:47:14 CET 2006

Am 11.02.2006 um 10:45 schrieb Martin Costabel:

> What you can do is to transmit the value "a" (as in all) or "r" (as
> in restricted) for openout_any to tex via an environment variable,
> for example directly on the command line:
>
>  env openout_any=r pdflatex File1
>
> or more globally in the shell environment:
>
>  export openout_any=r
>  pdflatex File1

Wouldn't it help, too, to name all files to be included or input .sty
or .cls? Then they would be found by libkpathsea and one wouldn't
need to remember (and write down) any relative path ... (How paranoid
are absolute path names treated?)

Actually I started a long time ago to organise my files in a way,
that everything is "below" the tex source file's "home" directory,
sometimes using links, i.e. my source is always in the so-called
Superfolder:

	Superfolder
	   FolderA
	      File1
	   FolderB
	      File2

Can't Prozac help against paranoia?

--
Greetings

   Pete

War springs from unseen and generally insignificant causes.
-Anonymous