[OS X TeX] paths in input & include

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Sat Feb 11 10:45:11 CET 2006

Ross Moore wrote:
[]
 > On 11/02/2006, at 2:09 PM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

>>    Not writing to ../FolderB/File2.aux (openout_any = p).

"p" as in "paranoid". From the tex sources for the opennameok() function:

   We default to "paranoid".  The error messages from TeX will be
   somewhat puzzling...

> Hmm.  This looks like a security feature similar to the one
> discussed a couple of weeks ago for  dvips .
> Gerben (and others) used a  -R0  switch to disable that;
> e.g.
>       simpdftex tex --extradviopts -R0 foo.dvi
>
> But there is no such option for LaTeX;
> viz.
>
> rossmoor% pdflatex -R0 File1.tex
> pdflatex: unrecognized option `-R0'
> Try `pdflatex --help' for more information.

What you can do is to transmit the value "a" (as in all) or "r" (as in
restricted) for openout_any to tex via an environment variable, for
example directly on the command line:

  env openout_any=r pdflatex File1

or more globally in the shell environment:

  export openout_any=r
  pdflatex File1

--
Martin