[OS X TeX] scripted lower case letters

Chris Goedde cgoedde at condor.depaul.edu
Thu Feb 9 18:55:43 CET 2006

On Feb 9, 2006, at 9:40 AM, mark oilcan wrote:

>> Thanks Mark for the tip. However, I was actually wanting to use it
>> just
>> on one letter  in a mathematical equation, not the whole document.
>> I've
>> seen samples of the ZapfChancery and it doesn't look like what I need.
>> I was looking for more a cursive script ``r'' (like in the Griffiths
>> script r if you happen to have seen this).
>>

> I don't know what the Griffiths script r is. In general, if you want
> to use a
> different font for only some letters in a math environment you
> probably want
> to use \DeclareMathAlphabet, e.g. if you want Zapf Chancery available:
>
> \DeclareMathAlphabet{\myMathFont}{T1}{zpc}{m}{it}

A colleague of mine actually emailed Griffiths about this very question
a couple of months ago. He was told that the font in question is called
Kaufmann; it can be seen here:
http://www.fonts.com/findfonts/detail.htm?pid=201485

I don't know how to make it work with TeX; I'm sure someone here could
explain how, though.

--
Chris Goedde