[OS X TeX] scripted lower case letters

Axel E. Retif axretif at igo.com.mx
Thu Feb 9 07:12:26 CET 2006

On Feb 8, 2006, at 5:08 AM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 08.02.2006 um 12:00 schrieb Bruno Voisin:
>
>> But if the default is to substitute the printer LW35 fonts with
>> the URW clones, then there shouldn't be any problem with using
>> Zapf Chancery (as allowed by the psnfss collection of packages)
>> for those users that stuck to this default configuration. Or did I
>> misunderstand something?
>
> If you stick to the default and download the clone you won't be
> able to print in ZapfChancery-MediumItalic. My printer has the font
> built-in, maybe K.L. Tah too, so I do not want to stick to the
> default. And since the default works so fine people might not see
> (or know) that they're not using their printer's built-in fonts ...

In my case, the only thing that matters is that fonts should be
embedded, otherwise the printing shop rejects my documents, simply
because their imagesetter (Heidelberg) rejects the job. They don't
care for the name of the font (ZapfChancery-MediumItalic or
URWChanceryL-medital), as long as it is embedded; so the important
thing, as Bruno Voisin wrote, is

> To modify this option afterwards, in case inclusion wasn't
> selected: in Terminal, run
>
> 	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipsDownloadBase35 true
> 	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption pdftexDownloadBase14 true
> 	sudo -H updmap-sys --setoption dvipdfmDownloadBase14 true

Best,

Axel