[OS X TeX] math mode or math mode?

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Thu Feb 9 00:47:12 CET 2006

Le 8 févr. 06 à 23:28, Alain Schremmer a écrit :

> Well, depending on what one means by "explain", that does explain
> it. (But why would one ever need such cockaminy rules … never mind.)

In a way I do agree ;-) I gather the author chose the sequence
\displaystyle, \textstyle, \scriptstyle etc. because it was the most
``obvious'' at the time. The fact that for text (thingies without sub/
superscripts) \displaystyle and \textstyle are nearly identical.
However look at this :

$\textstyle A_1^2$ $\displaystyle A_1^2$

there is a (very small) difference (the 2 is higher in \displaystyle)

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)