[OS X TeX] OT: help with font embeddings

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at cox.net
Wed Feb 8 23:53:12 CET 2006

> For people who want a bit more detail:
>
> I just checked what it really takes to install xpdf from source,
> excluding xpdf itself and pdftoppm. I don't have Fink or any such
> packaging system, I moved /usr/local to /usr/local0 and re-logged
> in. So what I did should work on a barebones Tiger with just XCode
> installed.
>
> My standard environment variables include the following
> possibly relevant variables:
>
> CFLAGS=no-cpp-precomp
> LANG=UTF-8
> LC_CTYPE=C
>
> I had also upgraded XTools a couple of weeks ago to the latest
> version.
>
> With this starting point, I did the following:
>
> Downloading xpdf-3.01.tar.gz from
> http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html
>
> Unpacking:
>
> cd ~/tmp
> tar xzf xpdf-3.01.tar.gz
>
> Patching:
>
> Downloading xpdf-3.011pl1.patch from the same place as the tar
> cd ~/tmp
> patch -p0 <xpdf-3.01pl1.patch

I confess that I have never applied a patch before -- live and learn
-- so
I followed your instructions to this point, placing pdf-3.01pl1.patch in
the xpdf-3.01 folder and running

patch -p0 <xpdf-3.01pl1.patch

but I got this error message:

17:52 xpdf-3.01% patch -p0 <xpdf-3.01pl1.patch
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|diff -c -r xpdf-3.01-orig/xpdf/JPXStream.cc xpdf-3.01/xpdf/JPXStream.cc
|*** xpdf-3.01-orig/xpdf/JPXStream.cc   Tue Aug 16 22:34:31 2005
|--- xpdf-3.01/xpdf/JPXStream.cc        Thu Nov  3 16:50:39 2005
File to patch:

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

SGM