[OS X TeX] OT: help with font embeddings

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Feb 8 15:40:40 CET 2006

Am 08.02.2006 um 15:01 schrieb Arthur Snoke:

> Are there fonts I could use instead in my original latex that might
> work better?  Is there something I can do with my PDF file that
> might make it work better in the save as WORD?

It might be better to use the usual PostScript LW35 fonts (Times,
Helvetica, Courier, AvantGarde, Bookman, NewCenturySchlbk, Palatino)
and add this line as first of the \usepackage lines:

	\usepackage{cmap}

This way all TeX glyphs will be mapped to Unicode characters, so they
can easily be copied from a PDF viewer's window to some editor. It
would make it necessary to use pdfTeX instead of simpdftex (latex,
dvips, ps2pdf) though.

--
Greetings

   Pete