[OS X TeX] OT: help with font embeddings

Arthur Snoke snoke at vt.edu
Wed Feb 8 15:01:24 CET 2006

I have a problem that probably involves font embedding and wonder if the
procedure described using save to ps and re-distill might help.  I would
appreciate specific comments regarding the choice of fonts.

I use LaTeX with the default CM fonts and have colleagues/co-authors that
prefer WORD.  What I have been doing is using latex2rtf, that works fairly
well but I usually have to take out the (EPS) figures and just do text.  I
have acrobat 7, and have had pretty good luck using a save as MS WORD if
the source was originally MS WORD, but when the source is a PDF produced
by dvips => ps2dpf, it often complains about the fonts (and does a poor
job on formatting).

Are there fonts I could use instead in my original latex that might work
better?  Is there something I can do with my PDF file that might make it
work better in the save as WORD?

Thanks in advance.