[OS X TeX] Two random reflections

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Feb 7 19:29:38 CET 2006

On Jan 31, 2006, at 11:10 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> iWork '06 and iLife '06 were finally delivered and installed today.
> First reaction: they're huge! Keynote 3 (the app) is about 1 GB
> compared with about 200 MB for Keynote 2, and so forth for Pages
> and all iLife applications. As a result, there used to be about 9
> GB free on my 60 GB hard drive, and it's now suddenly down to 4 GB
> after installing the '06 versions.

Howdy,

Just a note on how to reduce the size of Pages and iWeb from
MacOSXHints: <http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?
story=2006013021501519>.

I've got Macaroni for doing system accounting on my system and once a
month it will go through all the applications and remove
localizations I will never even think of using. It's configurable so
you get what YOU want.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)