[OS X TeX] PDF Sync and different fonts/encodings?

Frank STENGEL fstengel at mac.com
Mon Feb 6 20:19:23 CET 2006

Le 6 févr. 06 à 18:54, Morten Høgholm a écrit :

> Careful, the above will most likely lead to an error like
>   ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [input stack size=5000].
>
> What we want here is to insert \@PDFSYNC unexpanded into \everymath
> while making sure we do not get an infinite loop with \everymath
> calling itself. Hence the above code should be
>   \expandafter\everymath\expandafter{\expandafter\@PDFSYNC\the
> \everymath}

Thanks. To test the line I posted, I had actually tried adding
something to pdfsync's \everymath, and that worked: the thing I had
added was non expandable. I am not surprised the reverse would
fail... By the way, why doesn't the following work?

\expandafter\everymath\expandafter{\noexpand\@PDFSYNC\the\everymath}

> \begin{texnote}
> Token registers like \everymath take an optional <filler text>
> which may appear before the mandatory {. Hence you can cheat and
> omit the first \expandafter and simply write
>   \everymath\expandafter{\expandafter\@PDFSYNC\the\everymath}
> Not of much use here but nice if you for instance wanted to make a
> global assignment to \everymath, where \@PDFSYNC was expanded once
> (or maybe even twice).
>
> Yes, TeX's syntax rules are plenty and sometimes a little weird... :-)

Oh yes... For me \expandafter trickery still is a game with many
errors and few successes ;-)

--
Frank STENGEL (fstengel<at>mac.com)