[OS X TeX] font problem

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Feb 6 08:38:33 CET 2006

Le 6 févr. 06 à 07:54, Martin Costabel a écrit :

>> Herbert Schulz wrote:

>>> I went looking for the pstimes.sty package but was unable to
>>> locate it on CTAN or using TCOBrowser. What is supposed to be in it?
>
> Google shows a copy at <http://tigger.uic.edu/depts/accc/software/
> tex/miscfiles/pstimes.sty>
>
> CTAN is broken in this case: It has a file pstimesm.sty which has a
> line
> \input pstimes.sty
> This cannot work, because pstimes.sty does not exist.

Both packages seem broken and obsolete: pstimesm.sty lives in the
obsolete LaTeX 2.09 directory at CTAN, and builds upon pstimes.sty to
add utilization of the MathTime fonts; pstimes.sty itself replaces
the Computer Modern fonts by Times, Helvetica and Courier (no need of
additional .fd file: the corresponding code is included in pstimes.sty).

However, pstimes.sty refers to a handful of metrics, such
psmtimr.tfm, which are missing. Moreover, its functionality is now
provided by the different packages in the psnfss collection included
in gwTeX; see /Library/teTeX/share/texmf.tetex/doc/latex/psnfss/
psnfss2e.pdf. Whence: don't use it!

You should get what pstimes.sty is supposed to provide (and more) by
writing:

\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{mathptmx}
\usepackage[scale=.92]{helvet}
\usepackage{courier}

If the .cls file you're using doesn't reference pstimes.sty
explicitly, just erase its call in your input file and add the above
lines instead. If the .cls file does reference pstimes.sty
explicitly, you should contact its author and report the problem.

Hope this helps,