[OS X TeX] last minute switch to gwtex

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Sun Dec 31 19:09:34 CET 2006

On 2006 Dec 31, at 12:20 PM, Martin Stokhof indited:
> On 31 Dec, 2006, at 17:58, Gary L. Gray wrote:

>> Shouldn't it now be:
>>
>> /usr/texbin
>>
>> All the best,
>
> Apparently (in view of Alex' latest message): yes. But the above
> path works for me as well. On closer inspection, /usr/local/gwTeX/
> bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-current turns out to be a link to /usr/
> local/gwTeX/bin/powerpc-apple-darwin-7.9.0, and the latter
> directory seems to contain exactly the same executables and links
> as /usr/texbin
>
> So there seems to be more than one way to skin a TeX lion ...

/usr/texbin is the proper path to use because that is where "the TeX
world" (TUG, Gerben, etc.) have put the leverage point for switching
between different TeX installs (TeXLive 2005, TeXLive 2006, gwTeX,
blah blah blah).

Use /usr/texbin "It's the right thing to do."

--Doug