[OS X TeX] lucida fonts problems

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Sat Dec 30 22:10:10 CET 2006

>>> Actually, I don't think sudo should be used in this case. Namely,  just
>>> use:
>>>
>>> updmap --enable Map lucida.map
>>> updmap --enable Map lucidabr-o.map
>>> updmap --enable Map lumath-o.map
>>>
>>> But as I said, I'm still a bit uncertain about this.

>AER> I have my Lucida fonts and lucida.map in ~/Library/texmf, and I
>AER> always use

>AER> sudo updmap-sys --enable Map lucida.map

>AER> As far as I know, ``updmap --enable Map lucida.map'' (without ``sudo  '')
>AER> will create the dreaded web2c folder in ~/Library/texmf

If the files are in ~/Library/texmf then you are the only user in the
system that can use them, because other users have no access to the files
in your home directory (by default). So it doesn't make sense to have
references to these files somewhere in /usr/local. Therefore I think the
proper place to have these references is in ~/Library/texmf
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org