[OS X TeX] Installation Problem

Bill Rowe readlists at sbcglobal.net
Wed Dec 27 22:00:54 CET 2006

There seems to be a problem with the texlive.sharedscript.pm
script portion of the texlive.ii2 package. When I attempt to
install that package I get an error message indicating a syntax
error in that script near line 27.

When I look at that script I find line 27 is part of the
checkTeXPath subroutine that reads

sub checkTeXPath
{
     if (not -e "${II2INSTALLDIR}/bin/${arch}-apple-darwin-current/kpsewhich")
     ipkgwarn( "I cannot locate the kpsewhich program. If this
cannot be found, configuration is impossible. I will bail out...\n");
     die "### ${PROGNAME}: Bailing out on missing kpsewhich
(broken PATH setup? Missing program install?)\n";
     }
     elsif (${II2LOGLEVEL} > 3) {
     print "### ${PROGNAME}: kpsewhich is at ${II2INSTALLDIR}/bin/${arch}-apple-darwin-current/kpsewhich\n";
     }
}

I believe there is a missing "{" that should appear just before
the ipkgwarn statement.

It is trivial for me to edit this file and add the "{" but this
isn't enough to fix the problem. When I do that, the i-installer
app recognizes my local copy of this script no longer matches
the remote copy and downloads a fresh copy from the server. This
of course undoes the correction I've made and I still see the error.