[OS X TeX] iinstaller forgets about itself?

Daniel Becker daniel.becker at uni-rostock.de
Wed Dec 27 10:12:26 CET 2006

Am 25.12.2006 um 16:19 schrieb Daniel Becker:

> Am 25.12.2006 um 13:33 schrieb Gerben Wierda:
>
>> On Dec 25, 2006, at 11:10 , Daniel Becker wrote:
>>
>>> What is disturbing: When I open texlive.ii2, the Pkg Properties
>>> Panel tells me that no installation is found. But I know it is
>>> there! When I go through the whole installation / configuration
>>> procedure (expert mode), the i-package knows what is just done
>>> and in the Pkg Properties Panel it shows "Same as self" under the
>>> heading installed. But after closing and opening the package
>>> again, I see "no installation found".

just to report how this problem can be cured: I erased the entire  /
Library/i-Installer with all its receipts - they were not up to date
for some of my i-packages and missing for texlive.ii2. Then I
installed and configured all packages again. Now the receipts and
therefore also the information in iinstallers Pkg Properties Panel
are up to date and also they change after an update.

why the problem has been there in the first place, that i don't know.

daniel