[OS X TeX] Re: [OS X Emacs] preview-latex altering value of %t in latex command template

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Wed Dec 27 07:06:38 CET 2006

>> Not sure if this is an Aquamacs Emacs problem but thought I'd try
>> here first.  Currently, C-c C-c (or C-c C-b) runs latex by (as
>> usual) drawing on the latex command template in my auctex
>> configuration (in the Emacs customization options).  That template
>> uses a %t variable to pick up the name of my current document --
>> say "myfile.tex".  This works fine until I run preview-latex.
>> Upon doing so, then next time I run LaTeX with C-c C-c, the
>> command runs on the filename "_region_" instead of the name of my
>> actual document "myfile".  Since the output of this is a file
>> called _region_.pdf, my previewer in turn does not update -- since
>> of course it is displaying myfile.pdf and watching *it*, not
>> _region_.pdf, for changes.  Does anyone have any idea what's
>> happening here and how to fix it?  If it's a preview-latex bug,
>> I'll report it to the bug-auctex list.
>
> I can't reproduce it – and I have absolutely no idea how to view
> the internal preview image(s) in an external viewer!
>
> Did you think of removing the preview from the LaTeX file?

I'm not sure what you mean by "removing the preview from the LaTeX
file".  Are you asking what happens if I select Preview...Remove
Previews...from buffer?  That has no effect, unfortunately.  I'm
thinking this might have something to do with the filename variables
in the auctex configuration.

Thanks.

-chris