[OS X TeX] Problems since latest i-installer update

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Wed Dec 27 00:51:00 CET 2006

Hi,

since my latest update to i-installer's TeXLive package, I'm seeing
problems. I'm not absolutely sure that this related to the update,
but I can't think of anything else I changed. The code didn't give me
any problems for quite some time, but suddenly I get errors of all kind.

The following minimal example:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{graphics}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{makeidx}
\makeindex
\begin{document}
\begin{figure}
\includegraphics{anypicture.png}
\caption{ Poe\index{Poe, Edgar Allan} prangen prominent auf der
Titelseite.}
\label{fig:si}
\end{figure}
\end{document}

Somehow, the combination of \label and \index inside the figure
environment causes LaTeX problems. I'm getting stuff like this:

! Undefined control sequence.
\\->\let \reserved at e
                      \relax \let \reserved at f \relax \@ifstar {\let
\reserved...
l.24 \label{fig:si}

?
! Undefined control sequence.
\\->\let \reserved at e \relax \let \reserved at f
                                              \relax \@ifstar {\let
\reserved...
l.24 \label{fig:si}

?
! Argument of \Hy at tempa has an extra }.
<inserted text>
                 \par
l.24 \label{fig:si}

?
Runaway argument?
\@captype {\@firstoftwo {\let \reserved at e \vadjust \let \reserved at f
\nobreak \E
TC.
! Paragraph ended before \Hy at tempa was complete.
<to be read again>
                    \par
l.24 \label{fig:si}

?

I don't really know where this comes from. I think it is related to
hyperref, but I don't really know. Maybe there is a newer version in
the TeXLive tree which doesn't like what I do here.

Note, that this only gives me some error messages in this small
example, but in my thesis (which is a quite complex document), the
results are worse. There is an additional package with garbage at the
beginning and sometimes compiling fails completely.

Advice is much appreciated

simon

--
Simon Spiegel
Steinhaldenstr. 50

Telephon: ++41 44 451 5334
Mobophon: ++41 76 459 60 39

http://www.simifilm.ch

"I'm not that easy to impress. – O, a blue car." Homer Simpson