[OS X TeX] Changing the default preview program

Paul Levine paul.levine at ucla.edu
Mon Dec 25 02:11:42 CET 2006

On Dec 23, 2006, at 12:16 PM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 23-dec-2006, at 18:52, Christian Burk wrote:
>
>> I played around with TextMate and its integration of PDFView and I
>> realy like this viewer. Now I was curious if it would be possible
>> to use this nice pdf viewer also in TeXShop.
>> Obviously it is not possible tweaking the settings under the
>> preferences.
>
> This viewer is actually the HTML viewer (which in Tiger does pdf as
> well, just like Safari). TeXShop technically is the same viewer, it
> is the OS support for the viewer. Several key features have been
> added to the TeXShop viewer that are still missing from TextMate:
> click to zoom on a detail is the most prominent one. Depending on
> your point of view (no pun intended) this is a deal-breaker, or
> just one more thing. I really like this (although I don't use
> TeXShop but TeXniScope instead).

I am pretty sure that Maarten was not referring to the Textmate built
in viewer (which is, indeed, an HTML viewer), but instead is talking
about the third party PDFView (see http://pdfview.sourceforge.net/ )
which has a lot of nice bells and whistles that are absent in both
the TexShop built-in PDF viewer as well as Preview.app