[OS X TeX] Re: [OS X Emacs] preview-latex altering value of %t in latex command template

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Dec 24 19:50:09 CET 2006

Am 20.12.2006 um 21:12 schrieb Christopher Menzel:

> Not sure if this is an Aquamacs Emacs problem but thought I'd try
> here first.  Currently, C-c C-c (or C-c C-b) runs latex by (as
> usual) drawing on the latex command template in my auctex
> configuration (in the Emacs customization options).  That template
> uses a %t variable to pick up the name of my current document --
> say "myfile.tex".  This works fine until I run preview-latex.  Upon
> doing so, then next time I run LaTeX with C-c C-c, the command runs
> on the filename "_region_" instead of the name of my actual
> document "myfile".  Since the output of this is a file called
> _region_.pdf, my previewer in turn does not update -- since of
> course it is displaying myfile.pdf and watching *it*, not
> _region_.pdf, for changes.  Does anyone have any idea what's
> happening here and how to fix it?  If it's a preview-latex bug,
> I'll report it to the bug-auctex list.

I can't reproduce it – and I have absolutely no idea how to view the
internal preview image(s) in an external viewer!

Did you think of removing the preview from the LaTeX file?

--
Greetings

   Pete

                                            (Douglas Adams)