[OS X TeX] quotation marks

Doris Wagner doris.wagner at mac.com
Sun Dec 24 12:18:39 CET 2006

hi list,

can anyone tell me how I can produce the \char96 (which is in unicode
U+2018) on the keyboard of an ibook? I refer here to the T1-encoding.
the usual \char39 (U+2019) I get right of the :/; and it is not what I
want...

I need this character for the german beginning-quotation-marks...I
could also use \char18, but I really wonder where this \char96 can be
found on my mac-keyboard, since on my pc I found it at once and now I
am stubborn and don't want to miss something on a mac which is
available on a pc...

nice christmas to everyone by the way...