xdvi Re: [OS X TeX] Re: TeX package (based on TeXLive) being updated (for the last 8 hours)

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Dec 24 02:45:47 CET 2006

On Dec 24, 2006, at 3:08 AM, Adam M. Goldstein wrote:

> Problem with PDFView: when you re-typeset, it doesn't hold your
> place on the page. (I can't remember if it bounces you back to the
> top of the document, or else to the top of the page.)
>
> The developer has been apprised of the great desire of TeX users to
> have the document hold its place upon typesetting and has stated
> that it will be changed in the next release.

As far as I know he has already fixed that, for perhaps almost a week
now. The only thing still lacking is proper handling of the case
where you want to pdfsync from within a file that is \included into
the master document, but he is currently working on it and I wouldn't
be surprised if he has a solution real soon.

Actually if you are trying that in TextMate, then I think we have set
it so that when you compile and a pdfsync file is present, then you
are being transfered at the place where the caret currently is, and
this definitely works, at least in the case of no includes, with the
current PDFView (0.14.1).

> For general PDF viewing, though, I think that PDFView is a superior
> application.
>
> -Adam G.

Haris