Re: [OS X TeX] TeXShop replaces german ä, ö, ü

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Dec 23 16:31:03 CET 2006

On Dec 23, 2006, at 8:44 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Le 23 déc. 06 à 13:54, Christian Burk a écrit :
>
>> Since a couple of days TeXShop v2.09d replaces the german ä, ü, ö
>> during the typing with e.g. \"a.
>>
>> Why is this happen and how could I come back to the old way typing
>> the ä without the replacement by TeXShop?
>
> I think unchecking Preferences > Document > Editor > Auto Complete
> does the trick. It seems your TeXShop pref file has been reset to
> the default, implying Auto Complete has been checked again.
>
> Bruno Voisin

Howdy,

If you want to use Auto Complete for some items you can edit ~/
Library/TeXShop/Keyboard/autocompletion.plist which contains the list
of autocompletion substitutions. The structure is fairly simple; a
list of

<key>which key is pressed</key>
<string>substitute this string</string>

pairs. Just delete the ones you don't want.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)