xdvi Re: [OS X TeX] Re: TeX package (based on TeXLive) being updated (for the last 8 hours)

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Sat Dec 23 12:07:19 CET 2006

Hi,

On Dec 23, 2006, at 11:32 AM, Maarten Sneep wrote:

> On 23-dec-2006, at 11:27, Roussanka Loukanova wrote:
>
>> I've tried xdvi in an xterm, but it doesn't work:
>>
>> $ xdvi lec2.dvi
>> bash: xdvi: command not found
>> $ echo $DISPLAY
>> :0.0
>>
>> Thanks for responding so quikly.
>
> That was the other issue indeed. The path for xterm is not set
> correctly. Try in the Apple Terminal (where the path is set
> correctly):
>
> DISPLAY=":0.0"

Huh? It seems to me the issue is, that the $PATH doesn't include the
install location of xdvi! Display might be ok, don't mess it up now!

Rather do a "which xdvi" on your Terminal.app (the one without X11,
where you got the error message about the display in the first
place), copy the resulting path and open it in xterm under x11. Will
be something like /usr/local/bin/xterm or close to that :) Hopefully...

And THEN you can debug te display...

.martin

--
Martin Henning