[OS X TeX] Insert a column

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Fri Dec 22 17:02:24 CET 2006

On Dec 22, 2006, at 9:39 AM, Alain Schremmer wrote:

> Herbert Schulz wrote:
>
>> If you deleted the macro you might try temporarily removing the ~/
>> Library/TeXShop/Macros/ folder and re-starting TeXShop. That
>> should  put in a new Macros folder with the default macros.
>
> 1) This is true magic: yes, TeXShop regenerated the default macros
> out from, as far as I can tell, the clear blue sky.
>
> 2) Do I just put the old plists back into the macro folder, right
> alongside the new one?
>
> Regards
> --schremmer

Howdy,

The easiest way to get that macro back with you old set is to open up
the Macro Editor (Macros->Open Macro Editor), select the macro you
want to copy, select all of the text of the macro and copy it. Then
quit TeXShop, put your original macro file back, open TeXShop, Open
the Macro Editor, click on New Item, give it a name, paste the copied
macro into the text field for the macro (optionally pick a keyboard
shortcut). Move the macro to the place you want in the Macro Menu by
moving it in the left had menu pane. Save it!

Does this make any sense?

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)