[OS X TeX] latex+dvips+ps2pdf Re: [macemacsjp-english 796] Re: emacs/latex problem (fwd)

Roussanka Loukanova rloukano at stp.lingfil.uu.se
Fri Dec 22 13:04:12 CET 2006

Thanks  lot Gerben!

The life get different when we get things working :)
Now, the next in the chain irritating thing is:

1. C-c C-c si Return (or alternatively, C-c C-c simpdftex Return, or
select from the Command menu simpdftex) runs latexing via simpdftex, with
the only but significantly good difference from the command latex, by
creating the pdf file. Then the 2nd successive C-c C-c invokes
View command: texdoc  lec2.dvi

- If I hit Return,
View command: texdoc  lec2.dvi Return
of course, TeXShop opens a *newer* pdf version, i.e. its own conversion
of the dvi into pdf and overwrites the pdf created by simpdftex (which is
a redundancy, and in such case, one would not need to run the sipdftex).

- But if, in the Emacs command line, I replace the dvi extension of
lec2.dvi with pdf, i.e.
View command: texdoc  lec2.pdf Return

With this, properly with respect to the purpose of using simpdftex,
Preview opens the lec2.pdf file *without* creating such, and without any
changes over the lec2.pdf file (without changing its original time stamp
as it was). This what is desired by using simpdftex.

Now, and what and how to do, so that:
1st <C-c C-c simpdftex Return> runs simpdftex
2nd <C-c C-c> understands that simpdftex has been run and invokes as
default:
View command: texdoc  lec2.pdf

For example, this way of viewing work with the pdflatex command, i.e.
after a file has been latexed with pdflatex (no matter when), a C-c C-c
invokes as default:

View command: texdoc -remote "test_file" -raise test_file.pdf

Recall that this user's texdoc is a version of the global texdoc created
with (suggested by Pete):
mkdir ~/bin ; cp `which texdoc` ~/bin)

(I've tried few things that did not work: in the
Tex Command List: Show Value -> Tex Output View Style: Show Value
I replaced ^dvi$ with ^pdf$ in the command that use texdoc)

Roussanka