[OS X TeX] Question about recent i-installer run

Adam M. Goldstein adam.goldstein at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 21 19:08:42 CET 2006

I installed TeX and related programs on a research collaborator's
Intel iMac recently (Monday), and it all works fine; except, there
was one curiosity: no link to texmf was provided in the user's
library file. I usually look there for local files such as .bst files
and .sty files. Now, looking at my own install, which is almost as
recent, but an upgrade from previous installs, I note that there is a
texmf folder in my Library folder, but not a link to one. On the
recent install, I hunted down a texmf folder somewhere else in the
file hierarchy in gwTeX that seemed to work (i.e, my ), particularly
after I ran texhash. (By "work," I mean, I could put my custom .bst
files in there, and bibtex could find them).

So, back to the install on my co-worker's machine, if I just create a
folder called "texmf" in \Users\MyUserName\Library, I should expect
Bibtex and LaTeX to find the files in there? (Suppose I create ..
\texmf\bibtex\bst and ..\texmf\bibtex\bib and ..\texmf\tex\latex and
put the appropriate files in each.)

I apologize for the spottiness of the information about my setup in
this email. I don't have direct access to the computer in question
just now.

I also apologize is this is a "RTFM" or RTFReadme" question, but
after having followed various discussions on the list, searched the
archive, etc., etc., I am still not clear on what I ought to do.

Thanks!

-Adam G.
--
Dr. Adam M. Goldstein