[OS X TeX] (OT) converting old ps to pdf

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 12:59:11 CET 2006

On 12/21/06, Morten Høgholm <morten.hoegholm at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:20:57 +0100, Bruno Voisin <bvoisin at mac.com> wrote:
>
> > I'd be interested in a pointer to a utility, if any, taking PS files
> > based on PK fonts and transforming them into PS files based on PS Type 1
> > fonts.
>
> <http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/help/Catalogue/entries/pkfix.html>.

I have it on my Mac but it did not help with the particular ps file.

% pkfix QYNS.ps QYNS2.ps
PKFIX 1.3, 2005/02/25 - Copyright (c) 2001, 2005 by Heiko Oberdiek.
!!! Warning: dvips version 5.512 does not generate the required font comments!
!!! Error: Missing comment `%DVIPSParameters'!

Further Preview even refused to process QYNS2.ps

Actually in my lecture for grad students I used these ps files for
Acrobat OCR (after producing pdf) and for conversion with OCR to djvu
because they were no different from scanned papers