[OS X TeX] slightly off-topic: Acrobat Reader 8

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 23:26:57 CET 2006

On 12/14/06, Alain Schremmer <Schremmer.Alain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Victor Ivrii wrote:
>
> > So it installed? I installed with no problems and use with no problems
> > on MacBookPro, iMac 24" (so intels) and G5 and on 1.25Hz G4 (so two
> > PPCs).
>
> Well, I tried again. Here is what ensued on a Dual 1GHz Power PC G4 1 MB
> L3 cache per processor with 768 MB DDR SDRAM and, yes, I know, I should
> have mentioned I still was on 10.3.9.
>
> Still:
>
> Went to: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html
> Selected:
> Mac
> 10.2.8 - 10.4
> Select a version of Adobe Reader …
> Adobe Reader 7.0.8 (Latest version)
> Then, at the end of the "Install", get
> "There were errors installing the software, please try installing again."
> I did and eventually trashed the thing.

Alain, we were talking about AR8 (at least Alessandro was unhappy
about this while having no complains about 7.0.8). AR8 requires 10.4.3

Before installing AR8 I had AR 7.0.8 (true not installed but updated
from the earlier versions) on my home G5, my old Powerbook 500hz, my
new MacBookPro 17" and my office Mac G4 1Hz
while my wife used it on 24" iMac and her office 450 Hz G4 Dual. True
that to the moment AR came to version 7.0.8 all of them were on 10.4.

However I never heard complains about 7.0.8 which was very mature