[OS X TeX] Unix, sudo and mpm

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Dec 13 22:46:28 CET 2006

Am 13.12.2006 um 22:17 schrieb Alex Hamann:

> Pete, could you explain why your suggestion is not a "could" but a
> "have to"? What is happening with my current setup?

Well, you mentioned you can't sudo. So mpm has to go into a different
place than /usr/local, which is owned by the superuser. To achieve
this you have to re-configure correctly. If you already have mpm
installed, then it's probably OK to use this installation as

	mpm --install-root=${HOME}/Library/texmf ...

without sudo, because it's all written into your home area. I
corrected myself in this sentence because I finally assumed that you
did not have mpm installed and wanted to mention this topic, too.

--
Mit evolutionären Grüßen

   Pete

"Evolution"            o           __o                     _o _