[OS X TeX] Problem with beamer : ! LaTeX Error: File `*' not found.

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Wed Dec 13 20:26:00 CET 2006

Am 13.12.2006 um 19:32 schrieb Eric van der Oord:

> I've installed :
>
> 	1. MacTeX.pkg (version 0.5, TeX Users Group)
>
> 	2. The latest TExShop (universal binary)
>
> TexShop engine's path is now :
>
> 	/usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current
>
> Is that correct ? If not what should it be ? How can I set the
> correct path ?

It depends. What is your Mac based on: intel or Freescale hardware?
In Terminal 'uname -p' would explain a bit.

Which TeX distribution did you install: a teTeX or a TeX Live based
one? If the first is true, then the TeX binaries should be in /usr/
local/teTeX/bin/`uname -p`-apple-darwin-current. In the latter case
it's probably /usr/local/gwTeX/bin/`uname -p`-apple-darwin-current.
In Terminal you could easily invoke 'which tex' and it should give
you the path.

I do not use the GeekTeX versions that are recently distributed for
Mac OS X. Could be the proper path is something that starts with /
Library, goes there, and goes here, and after some time might
eventually hit the right directory.

Isn't this documented anymore? Does no installer ask you whether you
want a clear or a geek installation?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.     — Oscar
Wilde