[OS X TeX] ConTeXt updater deletes user files?!

Oliver Buerschaper oliver.buerschaper at mpq.mpg.de
Wed Dec 13 17:29:39 CET 2006

Hello,

apparently the ConTeXt updater i-package deletes user files!

When I upgraded to the latest release on 8 Dec I lost all my user
files (local setup, modules etc.) stored in ../share/texmf.local/tex/
context/user/. The updater isn't supposed to touch this directory, is
it? The same problem persists with yesterday's release (probably this
problem has been around forever it's just that I've started cooking
up my own modules only recently).

Is there a way to recover those deleted files?

Many thanks,
Oliver