[OS X TeX] Re: preferred tool for presentations

Douglas Philips dgou at mac.com
Tue Dec 12 02:53:22 CET 2006

On 2006 Dec 11, at 8:14 PM, David Goldenberg wrote:
> At various times, I have played around with beamer, prosper and
> powerdot (an update to prosper), but I keep coming back to foiltex
> for the simplicity of the resulting slides.

I've only done a few very short "slide shows" and found powerdot was
just the right thing, esp. given the ability to have it generate
several slides from one "page" such that each slide had different
highlighting and the explanatory text at the bottom could change.
Just my buck fitty. Maybe beamer could do that, but I found the
learning curve way too steep. Somehow the way I thought about my
presentation and the way powerdot was written just "fit". Your
mileage will be different.

--Doug