[OS X TeX] assistance with a problem

Sergei Mariev sergei.mariev at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Dec 8 21:18:56 CET 2006

Thanks for the reply! I have posted more of the definitions that are
likely to produce this problem. Unfortuntely I have not been able to
isolate the error in a simple and short document yet, inspite all the
attmpts.  Here is another description of the structure of the document:
++++++++++++++
\stufeeins{Introduction}
Text Text Text Text
\stufezwei{Some subtitle} [the command \stufezwei{Title} is where
the  Roman numeral "III." originally derives from]
Text Text Text

Text \new{} Text \new{} \label{regress2} \label{lat:18} Text Text
Text [the command \new produces "21" in my example]
Text Text

The strange thing is that  "regress2" and lat:18 stand very close to
each other in the text, but somehow  the wrong value "III." occurs in
the .aux file for regress2 and the correct value "21" for the lat:18,
where I expected "21" for both.