[OS X TeX] TeXniscope aging?

Christopher Menzel cmenzel at tamu.edu
Fri Dec 8 06:58:39 CET 2006

> On 2006 Dec 7, at 7:28 PM, Adam Goldstein wrote:
>> I tried the PDFView application, which is quite nice, as well. I
>> wish that it could do the presentation mode on a second monitor;
>> the screen just goes black.
>>
>> I agree with a poster on another thread, though: it is slower than
>> TeXniscope and TeXshop when doing the rendering. For a short
>> document that's not complicated, it's fine, though.
>
> Just found the TeXniscope web page and it looks like it is still at
> version 0.3.4 and is two years old... I guess both those numbers
> make me a bit wary...

Don't be put off by the version number.  It's very stable and, for my
purposes anyway, I've found TeXniscope to be the best pager overall
for previewing LaTeX documents.  Source <-> preview sync in
particular is very good.

The developer is in fact alive and well, but he simply feels the app
is at a relatively stable point so he's focusing on other things.  He
did mention to me in an email message that he wants to add some new
features if he can find the time.  (A universal binary would be nice...)

Chris Menzel