[OS X TeX] I'm done with TeXShop as my main editor

Paul Smyth psmythirl at mac.com
Thu Dec 7 21:12:55 CET 2006

I'm finding it a bit annoying the negativity being displayed on this
list towards certain pieces of software. First we have Gerhardt
castigating i-Installer et. al. Now we have this thread. I use
TeXShop and find it eminently suitable for my purposes. Ok,  you
prefer VI or Vim or whatever. Why tell us about if if not to imply
that that there is something difficient about TeXShop. I'm sure the
rest of us don't care what software you use. The tone of your subject
line alone is quite dismissive of TeXShop. The problem is that with
this kind of negativity towards something like TeXShop the guys that
write and maintain it will justly feel they are wasting their time
and quite possibly give up. We've already had this situation happen
once recently on this list. I for one do not want to see that happen.

Paul Smyth