[OS X TeX] I'm done with TeXShop as my main editor

Steffen Hokland hokland at mr.au.dk
Thu Dec 7 10:02:35 CET 2006

When I did my physics thesis I was placed in front of a console
running Digital UNIX from a server. The simulations had to be done in
f77, and the only editor which worked was vi. I came with NO *nix
experience at all, with Mac as my only computer experience, which
made it somewhat traumatic at first. Now I use vi if i'm working on
*nix-system or doing something in the terminal, but I've never really
understood why someone would use vi as default/preferred editor? Is
it legacy vi or vim?

If there's some good reason, mabey I'll change...

Best regards,
Steffen