[OS X TeX] MacTeX TeXLive installer oddity

Gary L. Gray gray at engr.psu.edu
Wed Dec 6 20:59:24 CET 2006

I am trying to install TeXLive via the MacTeX installer on two
different machines and I am getting some odd behavior. The two
machines currently have Gerben's latest TeX installed via i-
Installer. On one machine, I see:

http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/misc/Machine1.png

that is, it thinks it need to install 1.4GB of stuff. On the other, I
see:

http://www.esm.psu.edu/Faculty/Gray/misc/Machine2.png

that is, it thinks it only needs to install 1/3 of that on the other
machine. I have installed either yet since this worries me more than
a little. Does anyone know what is going on here?

Thank you in advance.

All the best,
   Gary