[OS X TeX] Displaying a LaTeX beamer presentation

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Wed Dec 6 14:46:13 CET 2006

On Dec 6, 2006, at 3:02 AM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Just this morning I realized that Adobe Reader 8.0 is available for
> Mac OS X. I don't know for how long it has been there.
> It corrects several of the evil behaviors reported for Reader 7:
>
> - No more frameworks inside Safari.

Thank goodness. Between that and the difficulty of eliminating the
Internet Plugin I immediately switched to Preview for most of my
viewing; I still used Reader to peruse the font list---if Preview
could give me that (can it? :-)) I never use Reader.

> - Upon installation you are informed of the installation of the PDF
> Viewer plugin, and are allowed the choice of whether or not to
> install this plugin.

I certainly did like that

> Overall the software feels much more Mac-like, instead of the hasty
> Mac port of Windows software that Reader 7 seemed to be. Hands up
> to Adobe for this!

It loads much faster on my Powerbook. I no longer get the spinning
beach ball and too often a subsequent crash when getting a font list.
All in all I'll admit Reader 8 seems much more Mac-like, fast and
stable than version 7 was on my system.

(herbs at wideopenwest.com)