[OS X TeX] %!TEX TS-program = tex

Talal Al-Azem talazem at gmx.net
Wed Dec 6 00:53:02 CET 2006

Hello,

Funny, because I just had that same problem today, only with putting
%!Tex TS-program=xelatex. I didn't have a problem running the xelatex
typesetting, but I did have a problem getting BibTex to work from
within TexShop, and could figure out why...until it crossed my mind
to erase that line from the preamble. So watch out for it not just in
the TeX/LaTeX command, but also when running other elements as well.
I think it's better to just have TeXShop (or whatever you use)
default to a certain system, than to place those lines at the top,
due to these side effects. Are there any situations where such a line
should definitely be in the preamble?

Talal