[OS X TeX] aid with urlbst on a custom-bib file

Simon Lisney simon at lisney.co.uk
Thu Aug 31 16:07:26 CEST 2006

On 31 Aug 2006, at 14:14, Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 31.08.2006 um 13:51 schrieb Simon Lisney:
>>
>> 4. Do I need to copy the .bst files
>
> Read the INSTALL and README documentation!

I did.  It's just that the urlbst.pdf manual states that;

>  The distribution includes preconverted versions of the four
> standard BibTEX .bst style files.

therefore I assumed that;

abbrvurl.bst
alphaurl.bst
plainurl.bst
unsrturl.bst

were the preconverted .bst style files which I do not need as I am
converting a custom .bst file.

I have my .bst and pdf files in a created folder called 'texmf' in my
User LIbrary.

I have now copied 'urlbst' and 'configure' into /usr/local/bin and it
is found with 'which urlbst' correctly.

urlbst now works. My custom-bib file contains an url field so I had
to make another without this
in order for urlbst to run, which it does. Just got to make a
new .bib file with relevant fields and style type (i.e. including
'webpage' and lastchecked and then test it again.

I did not need to install the included .bst files for it to work.  I
am still a bit confused as to where 'urlbst.in'
file should go.  Currently it is in the urlbst folder in /Documents.
urlbst seems to run anyhow.

Thanks for your help.