[OS X TeX] Older Version of Ghostscript in i-Installer

Martin Costabel costabel at wanadoo.fr
Thu Aug 31 10:40:26 CEST 2006

Frederick Hoyt wrote:
> I was trying to install a full version of Gnome via the bundle-gnome
> package.
>
> The main reason I use Fink is that I am lazy and prefer having a
> "convenience" bundle package which works out all the dependencies for
> me. Unfortunately it is not at all convenient any more.
>
> I also use Texshop frequently so I like having Gerben's tetex installation.

You can very well use TeXShop with a Fink installation of tetex. You can
even install TeXshop with Fink.

I have been using Fink's tetex for a long time, and for me it has a few
advantages over GWtex. I could give a list of such advantages, but I
won't do it on this list. For one, this depends very much on my personal
style of working, and secondly I don't like religious wars. However, you
can expect to hear from me every time Maarten Sneep lets out one of his
anti-Fink burps.

--
Martin