[OS X TeX] suppressing single fields in dinat-bibliography

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Wed Aug 30 16:13:38 CEST 2006

On Aug 30, 2006, at 06:46, Themis Matsoukas wrote:

> On Aug 29, 2006, at 11:01 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>
>> On Aug 29, 2006, at 08:52, Alex Hamann wrote:
>>> Is there a was to suppress the output of the URL in the
>>> bibliography? [...] or iare both independent from one another?
>>
>> Yes, this is dependent on the bib style used, and should be fairly
>> easy to remove.
>
> Exactly how can it be removed? To eliminate the url I've been using
> (on advice from this list) the commands:
>
> \def\urlprefix{}
> \def\url#1{}
>
> which, however, is not a perfect solution because it leaves an extra
> comma in the bibliography that must then be removed manually.

Edit the bst file (make a copy of it with your own name).  In a style
file here, I have

FUNCTION {format.url}
{ url empty$
     { "" }
     { new.block "URL \url{" url * "}" * }
   if$
}

I think changing this to

FUNCTION {format.url}
{ url empty$
     { "" }
     { "" }
   if$
}

will suppress the URL.  However, I don't have TeX installed on this
machine, so can't test this myself :).  Alternately, you could go
through and delete all of the calls to the format.url function.

-- Adam