[OS X TeX] dvipdfm: no such file or directory

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Aug 28 21:47:07 CEST 2006

Am 28.08.2006 um 19:53 schrieb Wan Kuang:

> [1(./Fig.eps<PS>zcat: ./Fig.eps.Z: No such file or directory
> )]
> 6842 bytes written
>
> Why does dvipdfm look for Fig.eps.Z?

I don't know. You do not tell much. You can invoke dvipdfm with the
option -v or even -vv so see some more.

The important thing is that dvipdfm cannot include PS or EPS files.
These need to be converted to PDF, PNG, or JPEG. An exception is
output from METAPOST, for which dvipdfm has kind of an internal
interpreter. Dvipdfm can use Ghostscript to convert other PS or EPS
files to PDF, but you need to give dvipdfm some clues on doing so.

"texdoc dvipdfm" on the command line should explain, starting at page
18.

BTW, why do you use:

	\makeatletter
	\usepackage{babel}
	\makeatother

The use of

	\usepackage{babel}

would suffice.

--
Greetings

   Pete

If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim
me as a German, and France will declare that I am a citizen of the
world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a
German, and Germany will declare that I am a Jew.
                                                 -- Albert Einstein,
1929