[OS X TeX] Crashing using 'New Publications From Web' in Bibdesk 1.2.7

Simon Lisney simon at lisney.co.uk
Tue Aug 22 17:03:17 CEST 2006

Sorry if this is off-topic but I have tried to get registered direct
on the bibdesk mailing list but no joy to date.

Basically everything works fine with the latest Bibdesk 1.2.7 and
when I use the 'New Publications From Web' feature (select text from
the chosen web page in the left window and enter it into the files on
the right by double clicking the filed or using the shortcut), then
Add or Add and Close. This works fine for most of the web sites I
have visited over the last couple of days. But for a couple of sites
this results in a repeatable crash.

The two sites are the British Library catalogue

http://catalogue.bl.uk

and

http://redlightgreen.com/

On these sites I am searching for a book, then simply entering the
subsequent url into the URL field of Bibdesk as usual then
highlighting text and doing the above. But when I come to Add and
Close the window closes but Bibdesk crashes.

So far I have checked Permissions, trashed the bibdesk .plist and
reinstalled Bibdesk. I have also trashed the safari .plist and
reinstalled Safari (I am using PPC G4 with 10.4.7). None of this has
resolved the issue.

Like I said it works on other web sites no problem (mostly simple
html sites). I can copy the text into Clipboard and enter from that
and copy across from the web page in Safari to the fields with a New
Publication.

Before I try to report this I wondered if anyone had had similar
issues or whether some sites could cause this (type of fonts used,
styles, copy protection?)